Whenever we need to go bass fishing in areas with thick cover or rocky conditions, we know that spinnerbaits are the way to go. Over the years, we have learned that having the right rod can make all the difference when relying on this technique. So, in this post, we are going to help you find the best spinnerbait rod for you.
Below, you can find some of the features that you need to focus on when selecting this type of rod. Also, you can go through reviews to determine which rod will be most suitable for your fishing. Let’s get started.
Best Spinnerbait Rods
What to Look For in a Spinnerbait Rod
Here are the specifications that you should pay attention to when selecting a spinnerbait rod:
The Spinnerbait Rod Material
Most of the spinnerbait blanks that you come across will be either made from graphite or fiberglass. All things being equal, it is probably best to go for a fiberglass rod. These blanks have an excellent combination of low weight and sensitivity. Thus, it makes them perfect for spinnerbaits.
The Spinnerbait Rod Action
As mentioned above, sensitivity is important when it comes to a spinnerbait rod. This is why it is best to opt for a rod that either has a fast or very fast action. Rods with this action level are automatically more sensitive. Due to this, it will make it a great deal easier to use the spinnerbait technique.
The Spinnerbait Rod Power
Then, there is the power of the fishing rod. Since the main goal is setting the hook, you do need a rod with a decent amount of power. At the same time, the tip does need to be a little soft. This will ensure that the hook isn’t pulled right out of your catch’s mouth. Since you are looking to have the best of both worlds, look for a rod with a medium-heavy to heavy power.
The Spinnerbait Rod Length
There is no hard and fast rule for rod length. This is because most expert anglers will agree that it is more important to select a rod that is right for you. Thus, the best length will often depend on your height and your spinnerbait techniques.
Still, there are anglers that live by a certain rule of thumb. According to the general consensus, it is best to find a rod that is between 6’6” and 7’. This should work well if you are of average height and are casting a short to medium distance away.
If you will be casting at a greater distance, then a longer rod may be required. At the end of the day, though, the length of the rod isn’t the most important factor in your spinnerbait rod. Nevertheless, it can improve your success rate to a certain degree.
Spinnerbait Rod Reviews
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best makes and models currently on the market:
- Ugly Stik Clear Tip design delivers extra strength right where you need it
- Ugly Tech Construction with added graphite for lighter weight and increased sensitivity
- Ugly Tuff one piece stainless steel guides provide maximum durability and eliminate insert pop-outs
- Exposed blank style reel seats with cushioned stainless steel hoods
- Premium cork grips with logo etched into handle
This rod is everything that you need in a spinnerbait rod while also being incredibly affordable. So, if you are just trying your hand with this technique, then this is the rod to help you out.
- ADVANCED SCIII GRAPHITE CONSTRUCTION: For a serious angler who demands high-performance and value;...
- INTEGRATED POLY CURVE (IPC) TOOLING TECHNOLOGY: Eliminates all transitional points in the Mojo bass...
- FEATURES: Slim-profile ferrules; Kigan Master Hand 3D guides w/ slim, strong aluminum-oxide rings...
- SPECIFICATIONS: Technique – Spinnerbait; Length – 7’; Power – MH; Action – Mod. Fast;...
- 5-YEAR TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY: Backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
If you need some additional backbone to land some larger bass, then this is the rod for you. It utilizes high-tech features to provide you with an optimal spinnerbait experience.
- Elite Carbon Blanks & Nano Resin Technology - Speed Demon Pro rods start with our own Elite Carbon...
- Fuji Guides/Reel Seats & WINN Grips - Only the finest Fuji guides and reel seats are used to ensure...
- 15 Technique Specific Actions & Lengths - We've design each action based on years of experience and...
- Lightweight Composite S-Glass Crankbait Rods - The Speed Demon Pro crankbait rods use a composite...
- True Tournament Performance Rod - We've spared no cost in building these rods to ensure that they...
This is a rod that has been specifically crafted for the spinnerbait technique. As a result, it takes quite a bit of guesswork out of the equation, particularly for newer anglers.
- E6X 812C SBR
- Multi-Taper Design: A series of micro-tapers within the overall taper of the rod; This unique,...
- LURE WEIGHT: 3/8-1/2
- LINE WEIGHT: 10-17
This is yet another rod that has been specially designed for spinnerbait. At the same time, the other features make it a more well-rounded option for the average angler.
- BUILT FOR: Senkos, Flukes, Spooks, Spinnerbaits and Horny Toads. The Fury Series is sensitive,...
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY: Dobyns Rods are designed and created by bass fishing legend Gary Dobyns. These...
- PINPOINT ACCURACY: Constructed by anglers, this perfectly balanced rod offers max sensitivity from...
- FOR EVERY SITUATION: Each rod is tailored to provide outstanding performance for every application....
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: Dobyns Rods values the satisfaction of our customers by offering a Limited...
This is a well-designed rod that offers up optimal performance each and every time. It is a great rod for more experienced anglers.
The design of this spinnerbait rod really sets it apart from the competition. It has been designed to offer the best possible performance with this technique every time.
The Best Spinnerbait Rod
You can be certain that each of the rods mentioned on this list is an excellent option. At the same time, there is no denying that there is one that really stands out from the competition. This would be the Loomis Spinnerbait rod.
While it has been designed specifically for spinnerbait, it is a well-rounded and versatile rod. This is a rod that scores high marks in sensitivity, control, power, and overall performance.
Here are some of the more commonly asked questions regarding spinnerbaits and spinnerbait rods:
1. Do I need a spinnerbait rod?
You don’t specifically need a spinnerbait rod for the technique. However, you will find that you are more successful if you use a specific rod for this type of fishing.
2. What action rod is best for spinnerbait?
A fast to extra-fast action rod is best for spinnerbait. This will afford you the greatest level of sensitivity.
3. How do I choose a spinnerbait rod?
The best way to choose a spinnerbait rod is by considering the necessary action, power, durability, and length of the rod.
4. How long should your spinnerbait fishing rod be?
Ideally, look for a rod that is between six-and-a-half feet and seven feet long for the best option.
5. What is the best spinnerbait rod?
Currently, the Loomis E6X Spinnerbait rod is one of the best options available to you.
You should now be fully aware just how to select your own spinnerbait rod. If you are still in doubt simply look to the suggestions mentioned in this article. By selecting one of these, you will definitely end up with the perfect option.
This page was last updated on 2022-08-29. Affiliate links and Product Images are from Amazon PAAPI