Do you want to know how to break in hiking boots? Planning to go on a hike soon? If so, you’ll need to make sure that your hiking boots are broken in properly. Hiking boots can be a bit stiff when you first buy them, but there are a few things that you can do to help break them in. They are typically made of thicker, tougher materials than regular shoes, and they have a more rugged design.
Breaking in hiking boots can be tricky, as it can be hard to tell if they’re actually broken in or not. In this blog post, we will discuss how to break in hiking boots properly so that you can enjoy your hike without having sore feet!
How To Break In Hiking Boots?
Hiking boots are an essential piece of gear for any hiker. They provide support and traction on uneven terrain, and they protect your feet from rocks and debris. However, hiking boots can be very stiff and uncomfortable when you first buy them. It is important to break in your hiking boots before you hit the trail. There are a few things that you can do to help break in your hiking boots:
Wear them around the house. This is the easiest way to break in your hiking boots, as you can wear them while you’re doing chores or just relaxing at home.
Take short hikes. If you have some time before your big hike, take a few short hikes in your hiking boots. This will help them break in and get used to the feel of walking long distances.
Avoid long walks. If you’re not able to take short hikes, avoid taking long walks in your hiking boots until they are broken in. This could cause pain and blisters on your feet.
Apply mink oil. When applied to the boots, mink oil helps to hydrate and soften the leather, making them more pleasant to wear for longer periods of time. It is recommended that you only apply mink oil after the boots have previously been broken in, as applying mink oil to stiff boots can actually make them more difficult to break in.
Use a boot stretcher. Using a boot stretcher to assist stretch out your hiking boots may be necessary if your hiking boots are really stiff. As the name implies, this gadget helps to lengthen the boots while also increasing their flexibility of the boots. Boot stretchers are available at the majority of sporting goods retailers.
Carrying out one or more of these activities should assist with acclimatizing your hiking boots so that they are more comfortable on your upcoming journey. Remember that it may take a little time for them to break in properly, so please be patient! Last but certainly not least, enjoy your hike as much as you can!
Why Is It Important To Break In Hiking Boots Before Going On A Hike?
It’s important to break in your hiking boots before going on a hike for a few reasons:
- They will be more comfortable. Hiking boots can be quite stiff when you first buy them, but if they’re broken in properly, they will be much more comfortable to wear on a hike.
- They will be more supportive. Hiking boots are designed to provide support for your feet, and if they’re not broken in properly, they may not do this as well.
- They may cause blisters. If you try to hike in hiking boots that are not broken in, you may end up with blisters on your feet. Breaking them in before your hike will help prevent this from happening.
- They may cause sore feet. If your hiking boots are not broken in, they may cause your feet to feel tired and sore after a hike. Breaking them in before your hike will help prevent this from happening.
- They will be more durable. If you break in your hiking boots before using them, they will be more resistant to wear and tear. This means that they will last longer and you won’t have to replace them as often.
- They may help you hike better. If your hiking boots are comfortable and fit well, you’ll be able to hike better than if you were wearing stiff, uncomfortable hiking boots.
Breaking in your hiking boots is important for a number of reasons. It’s important to do it properly, however, so that you don’t end up with sore feet or blisters. Follow the tips above to break in your hiking boots properly, and you’ll be ready for your next hike!
How Long Does It Take To Break In Hiking Boots?
It typically takes a few days to break in hiking boots. However, it may take longer if they are very stiff. You can speed up the process by doing some of the things listed above, such as wearing them around the house and taking short hikes.
Be patient and give your hiking boots enough time to break in properly before going on a long hike. This will help ensure that your boots are comfortable and fit well on your next hike. You’ll be glad you did!
Breaking in your hiking boots is a critical step before embarking on a hiking expedition. If your shoes aren’t broken in properly, you may experience aching feet or blisters as a result. Follow the steps outlined above to properly break them in and ensure that they fit properly before hitting the trails.
If you have some time before your hike, it is recommended to break in your hiking boots. This will help them fit better and be more comfortable on their feet. You can do this by wearing them around the house, taking short hikes, or using a boot stretcher. Be patient and give your hiking boots enough time to break in properly before going on a long hike. This will help ensure that they are comfortable and fit well on your next hike. Have fun on your next hike!