When camping, you can’t always rely on the kitchen. You can’t make some things in your campfire, and coffee is one of them. Luckily, there are a couple of ways you can make coffee when camping, and one of them is with a percolator.
This camping coffee maker is great for making coffee in your camper or RV. It’s so convenient and easy to use. The percolator also has the added benefit of conserving fuel.
Here’s how you make coffee in a camping percolator:
Camping Percolator: Setup
Here’s a quick setup guide for your camping percolator:
- Choose the size of your camping percolator pot -You can go with a medium-sized pot or a large one. If you have limited counter space, go with a small one. If you have a lot of room, choose a larger one.
- The larger the pot, the more coffee you can make in it. A medium-sized one should normally serve 2 – 3 people in a single cup. A large one serves 4 – 6 people in a single cup.
- Setup the camping percolator on the stove -Place the camping percolator on the stove and turn it on. Make sure that it’s not placed under an outlet. If the outlet is too low or too high, the flames may get blocked, and you won’t be able to cook your coffee. You need to ensure that the outlet is low to medium.
Camping Percolator: How To Make Coffee
Here’s how you make coffee in a camping percolator:
- Pour water into the camping percolator – Pour it into the camping percolator once the water starts to boil.
- Add ground coffee and pour it back -Make sure that you stir the coffee to make sure it’s evenly mixed with the water. Once it’s mixed, pour it back into the camping percolator.
- Add more water and let it brew -We recommend adding more water as it brews. The more water it has, the stronger the coffee will be. The last thing you need to do is wait for the coffee to brew. Normally, it takes about 4 – 6 minutes for the coffee to be fully brewed.
- Pour the brewed coffee -Now that the coffee is fully brewed, you may pour it into your mug. You may also strain the coffee if you wish.
Benefits of using Percolator
- Camping percolator pots are usually free
We’re assuming that you won’t use the camping percolator pot again when you return home. That’s why it’s great to have a camping percolator pot. You can throw it away without worrying about the cost when you don’t want to use it again.
- Camping percolator pots are durable
The camping percolator pot will last for a long time if you take good care of it. It’s normally made from good quality materials to last for years. You can even take it on your next camping trip as it’s so convenient and easy to use.
- Camping percolator pots are easy to use
The camping percolator pot is very easy to use. It has a simple design that makes it perfect for anyone. You don’t have to be a professional or an expert in using it. It’s also very easy to clean and maintain to use many times.
- Camping percolator pots are portable
The camping percolator pot is very portable. You can take it anywhere you go and just set it up on your stove when you need the coffee. It’s great for people who love coffee but don’t have time before work or school in the morning.
- Camping percolator pots are convenient
A camping percolator pot is very convenient because of its size and portability. If you need a coffee in an emergency, take out your camping percolator pot and make some coffee instantly!
What Is a Percolator?
A percolator is a coffee brewer that uses heat and pressure to extract and infuse flavor into coffee beans. It is more of a method than a specific type of coffee maker.
It is usually used when you want to quickly make a coffee cup and don’t have time for a drip coffee maker.
A coffee percolator is essentially a pot with a lid that sits inside another pot that contains water. The bottom pot heats the water (which gets used to brew coffee), while the lid percolates the coffee (which gets strained out).
What is the difference between a French Press and a Percolator?
The most obvious difference is that the coffee percolator uses heat, while the French press doesn’t. The coffee percolator also has an extra chamber to place your coffee grounds.
The percolator then uses pressure to force the water through a filter and into the coffee grounds.
In contrast, the French press uses no heat and a plunger to press down on the ground coffee beans to extract flavor.
The plunger then forces the ground beans down into a separate chamber where you can pour out your coffee.
What are Percolators Made of?
There are many different types of percolators made from different materials. However, most percolators are made from stainless steel or glass.
The main reason is that stainless steel and glass are easy to clean and maintain, which is very important for a percolator. Stainless steel also offers better insulation than glass, which helps maintain the pot’s temperature.
How Do I Clean My Percolator?
Cleaning your percolator is very important because brewing coffee can leave strong odors and residues in your pot, affecting future brews. If you don’t clean your percolator properly, you may also find that your coffee doesn’t taste as good as it should.
The percolator is a useful coffee maker that you should consider purchasing if you are always in a rush in the morning and don’t have time to wait for a drip coffee maker to finish brewing.
It is also great for camping trips or even just enjoying from your backyard.